Wednesday 27 January 2021

Rock Buns

 MOTHER IN-LAWS ROCK BUNS


My late Mother In-Law used to make Rock buns that I just couldn't stop eating, in fact, on one occasion I ate an entire batch whilst drinking one of her amazing cups of tea. So I've baked my interpretation of those wonderful buns and I must say, they're not bad. 


Here's my recipe:


100g butter

225g plain flour

2 tsps baking powder

Pinch of salt

100g mixed fruit

100g demerara sugar

1 egg beaten

2 tsps vanilla essence

A little milk


Line two baking trays with greaseproof baking paper and turn the oven to 200c, fan 180c.

Mix the flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl. 

Cube the butter and rub into the flour until you have a breadcrumb like consistency. 

Add the sugar and fruit. 

Make a well in the midlle and add the egg & vanilla essence. Using a fork, mix the ingredients until they come together to form a thick rough dough, you may need a little milk to help. 

Using two forks, grab some mixture and put in the oven trays. You should be able to make around ten buns. 

Bake in the oven for around 18 - 20mins.


https://eltelofdaya.picfair.com




No comments:

Post a Comment